July 8, 2008

Changing Values

Just a thought, you might try this deceptively simple exercise and
be surprised at what turns up.

Take a double page in a notebook on one side write What do I want?
Then make a list of (absolutely) everything you desire. Don't
censor yourself!
Then on the other page write a heading What will that do for me?

eg
I want to earn lots of money. It will make me feel secure
I want more variety in my work It will release my creativity


Then, close your eyes and relax. Imagine having each of those 'wants' in
turn. What is the ***** feeling ***** that underpins those
achievements?

Write down your insights.

Start a new page. Write a new What do I want? list based on
those emotional responses.

Compare your lists.

Armed with self-knowledge about your values you are more likely to
set goals for yourself that are compelling, meaningful and successful.

This coupled with the NLP goal (well-formed outcome) format will put
you well on track.


Author: Katrina

No comments: